As we rely more and more on the internet for more and more daily tasks (and the internet is becoming more and more common worldwide), the need for a stable high-speed connection is important for many people. Our online activities also require a lot more bandwidth than a decade ago. From online games to streaming films, live sports and TV shows, the demand for data is only increasing. Fortunately, service providers have risen to meet this demand, and even gigabit internet is now widespread and surprisingly affordable.
Whether you want to cut the cable completely, increase your productivity with a faster connection, or just want to update your WiFi to relieve the frustration of a slow connection, there are plenty of internet deals and bargains if you know where to look – and our current roundup of the best high-speed internet bundles is a good place to start. To get the best experience possible (that is, to enjoy the speed you pay for), you should also consider these WiFi router deals that can save you even more money on device rental.
Best internet deals for your home
- – Internet tariffs starting at $ 40 plus a free Disney + year for new members. For online customers, there is no setup fee ($ 99 value). With the Fios Gigabit plan for $ 80 a month, you also get a free router rental. Now you can combine services to create a custom bundle.
- – Internet 1000Mbps Gigabit plans starting at $ 40 / month (the same price as the Internet 300 plan) for a limited time. The AT&T TV + Internet all-inclusive package includes TV and 300 Mbit / s Internet for USD 90 / month at no extra charge for unlimited data. Bundle TV and internet and get a free Visa gift card worth up to $ 300.
- – Internet tariffs starting at $ 50 a month at speeds up to 400Mbps, free modem rentals, free antivirus software, and no data restrictions. Internet plus TV packages also start at $ 100 a month, and Spectrum offers up to $ 500 buy-out of your current contract if you switch.
- – The Performance 100 plan starts at $ 40 a month. Basic TV package for $ 10 more. Improved TV and Internet packages with 150 Mbit / s Internet and more channels start at $ 80, Gigabit plans for high-speed Internet only at $ 80, and save $ 15 with a free self-installation kit.
- – Optimum offers new customers lifetime Gigabit Internet for $ 70 a year – no introductory offers or reservations for the first year only. Internet and TV packages start at $ 80 a month. The $ 95 a month package offers the best value with 200Mbps speeds, more than 340 channels (including some premium channels like HBO), free Showtime and Starz for one year, and $ 100 free Amazon gift card.
Verizon's high-speed Internet service has a lot to offer. The speed starts at 100 to 200 Mbps for $ 40 a month, and new customers get a free year with Disney + (which is only $ 7 a month after your free year ends). If you order online, there is no setup fee of $ 99. The best value is probably the Fios Gigabit plan for $ 80 a month, which includes 940 Mbit / s internet and free router rental. With Verizon, you can now put together your own Internet, TV and phone package to create a customized package that wins. You don't have to pay for things you don't want or need.
AT&T is a great option if you want to bundle the internet with television. High-speed Internet 1000 fiber tariffs currently start at an introductory price of $ 40 per month (the same price as the standard Internet 300 tariff). You can also opt for an AT&T TV + Internet package for $ 90 a month with no additional fee for unlimited data amount (worth $ 30). New customers bundling TV and the Internet can also get a Visa card worth up to $ 300.
Spectrum Internet tariffs start at $ 50 a month at speeds up to 400Mbps. This is not a stunning deal in itself, but the ISP offers free modem rental and free antivirus software with your plan. Basic speeds also start at 100 Mbit / s. If you're bound by a contract with another ISP that you're not happy with, Spectrum will offer up to $ 500 to buy for you. Internet plus TV packages also start at just $ 100 a month. This is one of the better deals on this type of package.
Xfinity is a solid, no-frills choice if your needs are moderate. The 100 Mbit / s “Performance 100” plan starts at $ 40 a month, and for another $ 10 you can bundle this plan with a basic TV package. Improved TV and Internet packages with 150 Mbit / s Internet and more channels start at $ 80. High-speed Internet-only gigabit plans start at $ 80. You can also save $ 15 with the free Xfinity self-installation kit.
Basic Cox internet plans range from $ 20 a month for download speeds of 10Mbps (the first month is free) to $ 80 a month for speeds up to 500Mbps, two of which Layers in between. Cox also has its Gigablast high-speed Internet plan, which starts at $ 100 a month and gives you even faster download speeds of up to 940 Mbps. TV and Internet bundles are available from just $ 90 with a speed of 150 Mbit / s and more than 140 channels.
Windstream plans start at an introductory price of $ 26 per month for the Enhanced Kinetic package (speeds from 25 to 200 Mbps with no data restriction). However, with Windstream's high-speed Internet plans starting at just $ 56, you can enjoy speeds of up to 1,000Mbps – making this ISP one of the cheapest options for gigabit Internet. It's also a great value if you want to create a package. TV and internet packages start at $ 55 and basic TV and gigabit packages are available for just $ 75.
Suddenlink's basic Internet plans start at $ 35 a month with modest speeds of up to 100 Mbps and gigabit tariffs for $ 75 a month. However, if you want to create a package, the ISP's basic Internet and TV packages may be a very affordable $ 80 a month from a year cheaper. To sweeten the pot, Suddenlink is giving an Amazon gift card worth USD 100 for new customers who bundle the Internet and TV in selected areas. If you just need fast internet, high-speed 400Mbps plans are available for $ 55 a month.
Optimum is currently offering a 940 Mbps gigabit plan for $ 70 a month. This is lifelong, which means the price won't go back to normal after your first year (i.e., increases). In addition, Optimum offers some nice Internet and TV packages that allow you to download speeds of 200 Mbit / s as well as more than 200 channels (with the option to add premium channels like HBO) from $ 80 a month with free ones Installation and $ 100 Amazon get free gift card with selected packages.
Looking for more great things? Visit our curated deals hub.
We strive to help our readers find the best deals on quality products and services, and choose carefully and independently what we cover. The prices, details and availability of the products and offers in this article can be changed at any time. Before buying, make sure they are still valid.
Digital Trends may receive commissions for products purchased through our links. This supports the work we do for our readers.