If you are looking for how to make your computer for Windows 10 faster, this post is for you. As an IT manager, I often ask myself how the computer can run faster.
Your PC is your personal entertainment and business hub. Computer performance is very good when new. But its performance slows down over time. And the question is how the computer can run faster. Which is quite normal.
When the computer slows down, it hinders work and the problem is very embarrassing.
- Why is my computer slow?
- How do I clean up a slow computer?
- Does More Memory Make Your Computer Faster?
- How can you increase the speed of your computer?
People keep asking the same question over and over again, so they have been led to take the initiative to speed up their systems. That's why I'm here.
During some actions, this situation, also known as a slow computer, can easily become faster.
This letter gives you full access to find out why your PC is getting slow. If you follow my tips, it will work gradually and run as smoothly as on the first day you bought it.
How can the computer run faster?
A new computer user or a less computer-savvy person must seek professional help to overcome repetitive slow computer performance problems instead of trying traditional fixes.
If you don't know the basic operating system specifications and features, you can also overlook a hidden point in the well-described step-by-step procedure to find out how to make your computer run faster.
If you know the reason, finding the solution is pretty easy. The interesting fact is that the main reason for slow computer performance is in the system itself.
In the next section we see a certain point and show the necessary measures to make the computer fast.
Delete temporary files Windows 10
When we open a file, a temporary file is created that contains the information. After the main file is closed, the temporary file remains on the computer hard drive. Which gradually slows down computer performance.
We should clean / delete this type of temporary file.
- Go to the Windows search box.
- Type temp and type.
- Click Delete Temporary File.
- Click Temporary File.
- Check all the boxes.
The entire process takes 20 to 30 minutes. When finished, you may need to restart your computer.
- Go to the Windows search box
- Type run and type
- Art temp and enter
- Grant access
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A and delete them. Some files are not deleted. Do not worry. Skip it.
- Run open again and type Prefetch
- Select all by pressing Ctrl + A and deleting
- Open the barrel and enter tree
- Repeat this step more than three times.
Clean junk file, free hard disk space
When a program is run, a junk file is created. It eats hard drive space. If you do not clean up manually, resources are hidden or other programs can be run without any problems. With clean junk files, we can free up disk space.
- Go to this PC (Windows 10)
- Right-click on the C: drive and select Properties
- Click the "Disk Cleanup" button. A list of items that can be removed, including temporary files and more, is displayed.
- Check the categories you want to remove
- Click OK
Release the main hard drive (C: drive)
When we download a file (audios, videos, documents, images, PDF files, etc.), they are saved on the C drive by default. Over time, the C drive becomes full of these downloaded files and interferes with data processing systems.
You should manually delete these files or move them from the C drive to another drive / portable storage device.
- Go to this PC
- Click on the downloads (left in the computer / file explorer). Here you can see all downloaded files.
- First, check which file is really needed. Move it to the portable device.
- Second, select all the unnecessary files and delete them.
- Right-click the trash (on the desktop).
- Click Empty Trash. The file will be removed permanently.
Note: In the segment Clear temporary files window 10 Step 1: If you select "Download", the "Downloads" folder will be empty. That means you don't have to do this step since it was already done.
Defragment your hard drive and speed up your computer's performance
Before defragmenting, you need to know what defragmentation is and why I need it.
When we save a file on a computer, not all of them are saved as a whole. In particular, a larger file is divided into small fragments and saved in different locations. Typically, a file is fragmented if there is insufficient space for a single whole file. This takes up the entire storage space.
So what's the problem?
When processing this fragmented file, the hard disk head needs enough time to scan the entire turntable and read the entire file. Because the fragmented file takes more time to read than the contiguous file, which has a direct impact on computer performance. So you should defragment your hard drive and speed up your computer's performance
During the defragmentation process, all shared files are put together to make the file contiguous. What data processing time reduce. And this is the answer to how you can make your computer run faster by defragmenting the hard drive.
- Go to the search bar on the taskbar
- Enter defragment
- Select Defragment and Optimize Drives
- Select the drive you want to optimize
- Click the Optimize button
Kill Windows 10 background processes to make your PC run faster
In Windows 10, many unused programs run unattended without our concerns affecting the performance of our current program. Disabling this program will make your computer run faster.
To do this, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on your taskbar
- Click the Start Task Manager option (or press Ctrl + Shift + Escape to open it).
- In Windows 10, the Task Manager offers an updated interface. Applications that consume a large number of memory marks using color codes
- Click the applications to sort most resources and close applications normally. If you can't, click End Task to force it to close
Close the system tray programs
Do you know that many programs are hidden in the taskbar or in the notification area? Typically, these applications or programs start automatically when the PC starts, but we cannot see them. They keep running and use CPU resources until you close or close completely. These taskbar programs interfere with the normal action of other applications, which leads to slow computer performance.
You can just close the system tray programs.
- On the taskbar, next to the Time and Date option, click the Up icon. Here you can see all hidden applications
- Right-click the application that is running without your concern
Great. Unwanted hidden applications are now closed, freeing up resources that make my computer run faster
Disable startup programs in Windows
As already mentioned, background programs have a negative impact on the mileage of the PC. In this segment we show how start programs are deactivated.
On Windows 10, it is easy to manage startup programs using the Start Manager in Task Manager.
- Right-click on the taskbar
- Click the Task Manager option (or press Ctrl + Shift + Escape to open it).
- Click the Home tab
- Disable startup applications that are not required
Windows suggests which applications slow your startup process.
Do not run too many applications / programs at the same time
It is true that we use a computer to run a trillion computers by running several heavy programs at the same time. Our goal is quick processing, but our artificial intelligence doesn't have that many functions. As a result, the processing of too many task PCs is slowed down.
- Avoid too many programs at the same time
- In Windows 10, all programs that you open are minimized in the taskbar. There are 2 methods of closing.
• 1st method – Move the mouse pointer over the program and click on the X mark (Close) to close.
• Method 2 – Click here to open the program you want to close. Close the program by clicking on the red cross.
Uninstall / remove unused and unnecessary programs
I used two words – unused programs and unnecessary programs.
Sometimes we only install programs for test purposes, out of curiosity, or to customize the desktop or something else. However, forget to uninstall later. Which is completely worthless. I mark it as unnecessary programs.
On the other hand, we often install a program to serve a specific purpose. It makes sense for a certain time, but after that the performance of the PC is no longer increased. These are the programs not used.
As an example, as soon as I use the Canon printer. Buy a new Epson printer now and install its component on my PC. I forgot to uninstall the Canon application, which is currently inactive on the hard drive.
Both types of programs consume computer resources and slow start-up and processing times considerably.
- Open the start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Click Programs and Features
- You can see all programs installed in the system
- Select the program you want to uninstall and click on it
- The "Uninstall" button is displayed at the top of the area
- Click on Uninstall
- click on Continue
- When finished, a "Finish" button is displayed. Hit it.
- Some programs (not all) required a restart to completely remove the program from the system.
Don't open too many browser tabs
The Browser tab is located directly in RAM. If you open too many tabs, there is not enough space for processing and the computer will slow down.
- Close multiple tabs to make your computer run faster.
A clean Windows installation can make the computer faster. Before you reinstall Windows, please back up your important file. Because all existing data will be deleted from your hard drive. If a missing system file or other problem prevents smooth Windows operation, a new Windows installation speeds up the PC.
Increase the RAM capacity
Some programs require a large amount of RAM. Before running a program, consider carefully whether the system has the capacity or not. For example, let's say Adobe Photoshop CC suggests 8 GB of RAM to make it easier to use. If your PC doesn't meet the requirements, the software is obviously running, but the PC is getting slow.
- Update the RAM capacity
- When editing graphics, video editing requires at least 8 GB of RAM. If you use the PC for normal entertainment and office work, 4 GB is fair enough
- In Windows 10, I recommend at least 4 GB of RAM
Replace the hard drive with a solid state drive
A conventional hard disk drive (HDD) is mainly used for storage devices. Data is accessed via mechanical plates and a moving read / write head. The hard drive offers a lot of storage space at a low cost, but the data processing time is long.
Solid State Drive (SSD) is the latest data storage technology. It processes data on instantly accessible flash memory chips. Therefore, they are significantly faster. For example, copying a 15 GB movie file to hard drive takes almost 10 minutes, while the SSD takes about 1 minute.
SSD is expensive, but given the performance, the computer runs faster.
The SSD assembly process is a technical task. I therefore suggest that you let the expert help you in any case. Otherwise get in trouble.
Thank you for being with me. In this post, I'm trying to show the core action that improves PC performance. Among many other steps that are relevant to this post. However, if you do the above steps one by one, the processing speed of the computer will definitely improve.
Before I leave, I want to say the last, but very, very important point that most people unconsciously overlap.
Install the Windows operating system taking into account the configuration of your PC. According to Microsoft, the Windows 10 system requirements are:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- RAM: 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 20 GB for 64-bit operating systems
However, it is the minimum specification to get better performance, at least I recommend:
- Processor: 2 GHz processor
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- Hard disk space: 100 GB
If after reading this post you get the answer on how to make your computer faster on Windows 10, don't forget to share it with your friends. Hope it will help you.